Tuesday, October 26, 2010

WRESTLING THE MANIAC...STAND UP!

My grudge with the WWE is officially over. It's funny when it comes to stepping on family we put our petty issues aside and support one another. I consider the WWE part of the family. The issue we are Standing Up for is our freedom of speech and expression. First of all congratulations to Linda McMahon for running for senate. I watch WWE and they have never announced this just to show Linda is playing fair. The Democrat Party in Connecticut will turn away voters wearing WWE Merchandise on election day stating because of Linda McMahon's close ties with the company will sway voters. Personally I don't see how me wearing my RKO T-Shirt on election day is going to make anyone to vote for Linda. They have not used WWE programing to influence anyone as of this point. Her opponent has went so far to open up old wounds to hurt Linda but more importantly the entire WWE Universe. I hope you understand when you attach wrestling we fight back. We hit harder than any WWE Legend that has ever worn the title. Personally I have learned so much from the WWE. When there was no one else there for the WWE helped restore my confidence and has been influential on the man I have become today. I have learned a lot from a business perspective as well. I have learned how to promote and market any product in front of me. I have learned how to market my character and writing even though I don't have a college degree. I have been successful at what and am confident that I will succeed at whatever I do because of it. The fun factor all along in life has been the real reason why I follow the WWE. I have revolved my vacations to be able to make appearances to there events all over the country. The only negatives the WWE has had is my relationships. Wrestling has always been my mistress so to say. I think it's funny when I take a first date to a WWE event. It's a test of a persons endurance to see whether or not they can keep up with the fast life I live be it clubs, concerts, or WWE events I am constantly on to the next show. It all started with WWE events. The dream factor that the WWE has given me as a fan is what I love the most. As long as I have a ticket in my hand I know I have something to look forward to. The ultimate goal and dream is was and will always be to breakthrough in the wrestling business because I am passionate and love the wrestling business. My dream is to contribute even if it is in the underground like I am doing right now. The positive impact wrestling has had on life outweighs any of the negative things the press says about them. Wrestling fans are a strong community that continues to grow as we pass on the memories and knowledge to our children. They can see our eyes light up when the sentence starts with, "I remember when..." The fact of the matter is The WWE has done so much for the Armed Forces and to campaign just to get their viewers to go out and vote I can see why it's insulting to them for any political party to tell their audience what to wear on election. The bottom-line hear is it is our First Amendment Right to express our self. We pay taxes and participate in the system. Linda McMahon will make an excellent senator in a time of a major recession wouldn't you why not put someone in charge that helped build a billion dollar company? I mean the government has me doing their job right now even though I work for a private business. I say roll the dice because politics is politics with limitations and what we have in front of us isn't working so why not put someone in charge that has a track record of results? Why not? The family is stronger than ever.

8 comments:

  1. There are FEC laws against influencing elections and I think Bysiewicz has her heart in the right place.

    Wearing WWE clothing could be considered 'advertising' in a ballot area and there are laws in place to prevent that. Electioneering in this area is illegal. It's not a freedom of speech issue because fans can wear the garb anytime they want. Just not in the ballot area.

    It's nothing new either. People wearing anti-war shirts, for example, could be asked to leave and are welcomed to come back if the shirt is taken off. There are strict rules regarding this issue. Making an exception in this case sets a bad precedence. It also safeguards people in the polling area. Fights break out because of what people wear. Ribbons or buttons aren't even allowed. Intimidation in the ballot area should not be tolerated.

    Linda and the WWE are not being singled out. As such, they shouldn't be playing victim to get around laws put in place ages ago to prevent this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it looks like it's been settled. I don't agree with the decision but I'm not surprised either. It was a gray area. I don't like double standards but so be it.

    Conn. judge says WWE fans can wear garb to polls

    ReplyDelete
  3. The group all wrestling fans into one category isn't fair to the wrestling community. It is good to hear at has been settled either way. Linda McMahon is by no means the poster girl for the WWE. Union members wear there shirts to voting booths. There are a lot of groups with political ties that represent that wear shirts representing company's, products, and unions. Wrestling is part of Pop Culture. The WWE has not promoted Linda's campain. I am interested in how it has been settled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder why the deleted comments won't disappear.

    Anyway, I decided I was being confrontational and deleted the comment. I respect your opinion although I think most people are forgetting why the laws were created in the first place: voter intimidation. Seeing a bunch of hardcore WWE fans outside of a polling area could intimidate some and prevent them from voting. That's the main concern and has nothing to do with discriminating against fans. Saying you can't vote because you;re a fan is one thing. Asking you not to wear garb that may intimidate or even provoke is something else entirely and a valid concern, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just can't Rush Limbough saying "Oh no that guy has on a Rey Mysterio Shirt I better vote left or else. I could see if she was the face of the product but she's not. I think it's funny that something that has been branded fake from it's critics can stir up such a political turmoil. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete