Sunday, October 3, 2010

DAY n NIGHT: THE RISE OF TWO EIGHTS




The Night takes me back. I was sick. I was about to turn 30. I had just been cheated on. I was a lost soul. Destroyed from my core inside I had been out done.  In the midst of all that was falling down. I stopped and moved toward something familiar. This simply put was a suicide mission. I figured I was up for 4 days straight so the environment I was entering was one that would allow me to lose total control. The 808s were fresh in my head and the songs were peeling at my flesh. I wanted to die. I knew there was only one person that still loved me. He would be my messenger of death or the Grim Reaper so to speak. The music was constant. We were reunited it all and it was a nonstop party. I never thought I would find substance in middle of all the madness. I could taste the evil in his soul. I knew he wanted revenge. I couldn't blame him. If I was in his shoes I would have ripped my heart out and handed it to myself. I would have denied him access to how I really felt by offering him a lie. I would have enjoyed the fact that he was at his absolute lowest like me but I this did not feel right. Although he was welcoming I knew there was a sense of gratification for my total destruction of character. Part me was afraid. I literally threw myself at his mercy knowing he had all of the cards. The blur of Day n Night was filtering every memory of yesterday. I was stuck in the night. It was a familiar place this time there was no escaping my destiny. I could have gotten it all back like a fallen hero seeking out redemption that was undeserved. I was thirsty for death. I wanted the lights of my enemies to get their revenge. My status was legendary. Everyone knew my story. One way or the other everything I did was about to catch up to me. My path was back to a Day when I shouldn’t have waked up. My Night was destroyed in the battle of my heart. My encounter with soul-less left my head weak. My common sense was gone. I learned that time didn't heal all of my wounds. There was something missing. This generation lacked an identity. They danced and popped pills like it was the end of their world but there were moments when I questioned the story. The soul less had a hold of my life. The soul-less had become the heartless. I needed the right words instead I got more lies. How much of myself was I willing to give up finding the truth? The Day was near.

No comments:

Post a Comment