Wednesday, October 6, 2010

OPEN UP YOUR HEART TO GENERATION UNDEFINED



Hip-Hop made it feel like something new was being ushered on any given New Year’s Eve. History was taking place at the Staple Center, Madison Square Garden, or Soldier Field. The real story is happening at random college campuses in the Midwest. The laid back atmosphere doesn’t require a dress code so come as you are.  There are no worries of show ending early because of drama or a fight. Hip-Hop is changing for the fans that believe. Chip the Ripper was hot! His flow had the crowd pumped up. The Pursuit of Happiness has become the theme of Generation Undefined. There was unity being displayed by the opening acts. The respect and support for Chip the Ripper was genuine. I didn't really know who the opening acts where until I made a Fiji stop in Clinton, Illinois.  There was group of guys that I encountered that couldn't stop talking about the show. Their energy and passion was obvious as their faces sparked when they spoke mentioned Kid Cudi and Chip the Ripper. Jay Electronica was the second act pumping out a revolutionary message and freestyles that got into your head. Hip-Hip continues to be the only format of free speech in this country. I think politically the government doesn't take Generation Undefined seriously which is perfect underground cover for a revolutionary message.  This could be the new breed of intelligent fans that open up their hearts and find unity? Hands in the air from side to side there is a new community that is being organized around the Renaissance of Hip-Hop. I have looked for a sense of community everywhere.  My travels have leaded me to different genres that used music to an extreme.  Generation Undefined covers all races and ages. I feel like we are getting stronger with every ticket stub I collect. It didn't matter where you sitting we were all standing up for the pleasantry of real Hip-Hop. I embraced the banging ass beats in my soul. I am a fully fledged ex Metal and Raver turned Bohemian as I sampled the scene. I always return to Hip-Hop because it has the potential say what it means. I stepped into the world of s Generation Undefined. I feel okay with letting my emotions out to music and I am feeling good again. The trust between the artist and fan was put to the test when Jay Electronica told a group fans to come onto the stage as he hit the crowd. They danced but the climax came when Jay passed the microphone to fans on stage and let them have a moment to say whatever they wanted. This moment showed the respect and trust Jay has with his fans. I can just hear Jay telling security, "its okay, It's okay...anyone that wants to come up, come up."  It was shocking to see. The trust between the fans showcased the music’s LOVE.  There was a point in the show when my hands weren't in the air. The guy wearing a 708 Cap, which represents the South Side of Chicago grabbed my hands and threw them up. He told me to put them up and they went up.  I was getting lost in my thoughts but The Southside brought me back to the moment. My lights actually make an appearance at a showcase of Hip-Hop. That's that Universal Appeal and Love this is what Hip-Hop should be. The G.O.O.D Music team's uncanny presence made an impact with tracks being played straight from the blog. The downtime DJ played felt like 8R8 playlist. Monster is a hot track but under small smoke filled stage loud as hell made it rain fire. So Appalled, Ain't Nuttin but a G Thang, The Notorious Big, and the King of Hip-Hop Kanye West made their presence known. I want to start sharing these moments with anyone that wants to take a chance and step into this world. I don't care about your age, race, sexual orientation, political views, or status in society. Purchase a ticket and just show up. Trust me you will not be alone. If you cannot afford a ticket holler at me and we will figure out a way to make it happen and don't plan it just do it because Hip-Hop is alive. These shows are adding to the blank pages of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment