Friday, August 20, 2010

Common People


This is from my Facebook post on August 17, 2010.

I was on North side of Chicago last Saturday night. I started asking a lot of questions about the origin of House Music. There are listeners in the Gay Community that have confirmed they are the source of it all. They had mixed emotions when the word Mainstream was put into the mix. They didn't like the question I asked, "Do the ...Gay clubs have a responsibility to finding what Hot in the Music world is?" The gay clubs don’t feel like the trendsetters anymore in music. I explained the scene was never changing and there was a time where these clubs set the tone for mixes months ahead of the other spots. I stirred up quite conversation when I took control of their jukebox with Electro. I let the bartender explain it to them. He did a good job but I had to drop the Genre's name. The best part of night was finally being bumped 4 tracks into my 5 dollar set. It was funny listening to them cling to anything they pop. They talked shit under their breaths about everything they didn’t like. I got called Gaga, and they used typical tactics to attack what they could not define. When I got bumped for Hotel California this guy ran up to me and said I bet you have never heard this song before. I told him the difference between you and me is you didn't know a single word of the music I played because at some point you stopped listening...however I know every word to my songs, your songs, and the beat too. I felt so righteous saying that because it was true. I suddenly felt very close to this Generation Undefined.
The 8R8

No comments:

Post a Comment